Penetrating Sealer is an economical, no sheen, water based penetrating / impregnating sealer for all porous interior & exterior natural stone (including around salt water swimming pools). Formulated to provide excellent protection. Perfect for very porous stone and tile. An ideal sealer for concrete, sandstone & brick. Last up to 5 years.
- Excellent stain protection
- May be used as a pre-grouting sealer
- Allows moisture vapour transmission
- No-sheen natural look
- Does not alter the slip resistance of sealed surface
- Easy to use
- Water-based, non VOC formula
- Lasts up to 5 years
Surface should be dry, clean and free of waxes, sealers or finishes. New installations need to be dry 24 hours before application. Protect surrounding surfaces. Test product in an inconspicuous area to ensure desirable results.
The Stone, Tile or Grout must be dry prior to applying sealer – the following document explains in detail the definition of the term “dry” as it relates to sealer application. READ MORE
Pre-Grout Sealer/Grout Release:
Porous tile and stone can be stained by grout during installation. Sealing the tile before grouting will make grout removal much easier. Apply sealer according to directions after tile has been bonded for a minimum of 24 hours, or apply to front face of tile before installation. Wait a minimum of 2 hours before grouting.
1. Always test a small area first to ensure satisfactory results.
2. Apply using a pump sprayer, paint pad applicator, lambswool applicator, sponge or brush.
3. Allow it to penetrate for up to 5 minutes, if surface is drying within 5 minutes, apply more sealer to keep surface wet for up to 5 minutes.
4. Wipe surface completely dry using clean, dry cotton, paper or microfiber towels after each application. Ensure no sealer is allowed to dry on the surface.
5. Porous surfaces may require additional applications.
6. Conduct a test to see if surface is completely sealed after 2 hours by applying drops of water on the surface. If it penetrates, an additional application is required.
1. Allow 30 minutes drying time between applications when conditions are 20° Celsius & 70% RH. If temperatures are lower or humidity higher then these times may be longer. If unsure about the specific job site temperatures and conditions please contact one of our technical advisors.
2. Ready for surface traffic in minimum of 2 hours.
3. Keep dry for a minimum of 12 hours.
4. Achieves a full cure in minimum of 24 hours.
Product Data Sheets:
How to Guide:
Approx. Coverage m² per/L:
|Bluestone / Basalt||20-25m²||12-15m²||8-12m²|